Sunday 27 October 2013

Winter Magic and Rose Buds - Woodware

Good afternoon everyone hope you all managed to enjoy your extra hour this morning unlike myself who woke at the same time 7.15a.m. looked at my phone and told myself it was only 6.15 so I turned over and got comfy and as my brain had not engaged at that time went back to sleep until I woke again around 8.30 telling myself  "ha! it's only 7.30" shock - horror, forgot that my phone would update itself time wise and it really was just after 8.30 by now oh! just get up and continue with your usual Sunday routine - darn phones!! Anyhow here we are at that time of the week when I can show what we will be doing in class and by the way I'll try not to forget that it is on Monday instead of Tuesday this week lol! Yes I know what you're all thinking you know what I'm like  :-0 honestly!
O K here is what's on the menu so to speak for our next class........
At this point I would just like to say that this stamp  Rose Buds (which is from the Woodware range) is quite versatile as it can be used for a number of occasions including Christmas although it is not classed as a Christmas design, but I did like to use it in a Festive kind of way........

This card is C5 in size.

I have stamped the main image onto a die cut panel and it has been painted with Distress Ink Pads
Antique Linen
Tea Die
I have used black Versafine Ink to stamp on the panel and the bauble has been stamped with black Memento and coloured with a Saffron Promarker pen.
I glittered the flowers with a dries clear glue and Crystal glitter.
The poinsettia is from a Spellbinders die.





Both background panels have been embossed with a Mistletoe embossing folder.


The next card is the same size as the first but this time I have stamped the main image in Memento and used the colouring pencils and blender pen as we did in the last class....
Light Brown
Dark Brown
Pink 
Light Blue
Green
Light Grey
Blender Pen

I decided I would team the Floral stamp up with the lovely little scene stamp also from the last class as I thought they worked well together.




As you can see I have glittered the flower heads after colouring them in with my pencils but this time I used my Glossy Accents before adding the glitter.

The background paper has been stamped with a very small snowflake and Antique Linen ink and to finish them off I have added a small drop of Cosmic Shimmer Pearl Glue to the centre's.

The poinsettia has been die cut as before out of a dusky pink card stock.
I think that if you were to change the poinsettia for a different type of flower then this card would make a lovely Autumn /Winter birthday card and of course the sentiment (from my stash) would be different also lol! that just goes without saying......
Sheilagh  : )



No comments:

Post a Comment