Monday 24 March 2014

Woodware's Quartet and Trio - Leaves

Morning everybody hope the sun is out where you are today it is lovely and bright here but oh so cold however the washing is out and I for one am grateful for that. Looking down the allotment I thinks it may be next in line for some very needed attention but not today as I know a spot of indoor cleaning is higher on my list (don't even go in the craft room) as is a multitude of other things not to mention some shopping of the food variety - What else!
Okay onto a more pleasing subject of conversation , would that be card making! I hear you cry well it just so happens you could be right and of course you know that you are, let's continue then with the cards for this weeks classes.................................

A Quartet of Leaves and A Trio of Leaves clear stamps by Woodware.
They actually look to me as if they are sort of already Zen-tangled if you get my drift so I have tried to use them in two entirely different ways and I think that it worked reasonably well. You can be the judge for your selves, they could be used so in many different ways as I'm sure you will all agree.

The first card is a A4 folded - A5 or C5 envelope size
This one I have kept in the more traditional style that you would associate with a leaf design and it will work for both male and female so that's a bonus as those male cards are a pain sometimes, well it's not just me that thinks so is it? lol!

 In the background I have used some 12x12  two tone paper with a leaf design and distressed the edges with a touch of Wild Honey D.I.


The main image panel has been stamped in Frayed Burlap (you could use any earth tone colour) and embossed with Clear Powder.

Both panels have been coloured with Acrylic paints and water in a spray bottle, the photo doesn't show this very well.
The border strip has been stamped in Clear Ink Versamark or Perfect Medium and then I added Orange and Yellow Mica Powders with a soft brush.

To finish the leaves have been embossed in Black Versafine and Clear Powder then cut out and decoupaged on top of main image, I have painted some of the Mica powder onto the leaves.

Anti-Static Bag
Soft Brush 
Sm Paint Brush
 Onto the second of our cards for this week.
A 6x6 Square base card.

I have embossed the whole of this card with a 6x6 Die'Sire Embossalicious Folder - Floral Frenzy and my eBosser, I have also used this on the Acetate front.

The Individual  leaves have been stamped onto Silver Pearl card and Embossed with Silver Powder.
To decorate them I used my Glossy Accents and some chunky Silver Disco Glitter. Again the photo doesn't show how pretty they look (had to use the camera on
The corner flourish is from an Xcut die and I have created a coloured panel to cut from using my Distress ink pads and some white acrylic paint.
Sorry if the top edge of my card looks a little untidy but I took the photo before I had trimmed it, that's one more brain cell less then! doh!!
Well I think that's all - but least said - you know what that means with me .
All will be good on the day lol!

Just to finish I would like to say to those of our ladies who are not feeling well at the moment we all hope you get better soon and you will be missed until your return, that's the sentiment from all of the class group x

See you later  : )
Sheilagh x

No comments:

Post a Comment